STANDARDS & GUIDELINES
- Planning & Design Guidelines
- Capital Project Closeout Requirements
- CAD Standards
- Survey Specifications
- Space Documentation Standards
Planning & Design Guidelines
- Cambridge Transportation Guidelines
- Design Review Guidelines (under development)
- Planning Guidelines (under development)
Capital Project Closeout Requirements
These documents are for the use of Harvard project managers or other Harvard representatives managing a capital building project (a project with a budget of $100,000 or greater).
- Transmittal and Checklist for Project Managers provides a complete list of materials due at the end of a capital project from all architects, engineers and/or contractors.
- Tips for Closing Capital Projects Tips for closing-out capital projects with the PIRC.
- Sample Index of Electronic Files
CAD standards to be followed when developing floor plan, 3D model, or graphic facilities information. All CAD floor plans developed and/or edited for Harvard University clients should reference these guidelines.
- CAD Standards
- Construction Drawing Title Blocks and Borders
- CAD Layers Template
The specification describes the coordinate system used by Harvard University and the basic standards that need to be followed to insure compatibility with the University geographic system.
Space Documentation Standards
A description of how space in Harvard facilities is to be identified, measured, classified, and documented in CAD and tabular data formats, and how resulting work products should be delivered to Harvard.
- Space Documentation Requirements
- Space Classification Codes and Descriptions - All Tiers
- See also Postsecondary Education Facilities Inventory and Classification (FICM) Manual
Other Guidelines and Standards
- Campus Map Grid - Description of the map grid used to locate buildings and other features on the Harvard University Campus.